Online Property Selling
The internet has completely revolutionized the real estate market in the recent years. This revolution started in the year 2000. This is when the first property portals appeared on the net. This process has evolved over the years and has shifted the reigns of a property deal from the hands of the real estate agent to the owner.
Earlier, property owners were completely dependent on agents for the sale. This is because of the basic difficulty they faced in finding buyers. But the introduction of property portals has solved this problem. Today, owners can reach a large number of prospects because of the internet.
Today, an owner can list his property on a property listing website. Online listing helps in connecting buyers and sellers of property.
Benefits of online listing to the seller:
1. He can make the listing from the comfort of his home.
2. The seller can reach out to a large number of prospective buyers.
3. He can market his property easily. This is done by uploading photographs and details about his property online. Websites allow a number of photographs to be uploaded. Owners also have the option of uploading videos of their property.
4. Websites provide the seller the flexibility to modify the data uploaded at any time as per his convenience.
5. They can directly connect with buyers without involving middlemen.
Benefits of online listing to buyers:
1. They can select a property from the comfort of their home.
2. They can search property of their interest easily by applying relevant search filters.
3. They can avoid multiple trips to visit various properties. This is because they can shortlist properties of their choice by viewing the pictures uploaded. Then they can visit only those properties.
4. They can deal directly with the seller.
5. The information on the internet can be accessed at any convenient time.
The biggest benefit that online dealing provides the buyer and the seller is that it helps them in completely eliminating the agent. This results in huge savings for both, the buyer and the seller. It also helps them save their time and efforts.
Owing to all the above-mentioned benefits, online property selling has come to stay. It has given rise to the concept of FSBO (For Sale By Owner). Today, more and more, property owners are using property portals and selling their property. If this trend continues, there might soon come a time when real estate agents will become obsolete.